Saturday, July 2, 2011

Jaimie's Emersonian Ink


 "Nothing can bring you peace but yourself" are the words inked across Jaimie's back. I spotted her down the street from my home in Bay Ridge.

I asked Jaimie to explain why she got these words from poet Ralph Waldo Emerson's essay "Self-Reliance" on her back:
"This has been my favorite quote for years," she told me. "I studied American literature in college, so I studied a lot of Emerson." She also noted that the quote is "very true".

She had this tattooed in Manhattan on St. Mark's.

Thanks to Jaimie for sharing this great tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!

This entry is ©2011 Tattoosday.

If you are reading this on another web site other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts